I love ribs. I am a huge rib fan. I could eat a million. Lovely soft pieces of pork slathered in a BBQ sauce is my idea of heaven, and who doesn’t like gnawing on bones? I occasionally buy them frozen from the supermarket, or order them in restaurants but for some reason I rarely make them from scratch. Earlier in the week I was having a look around the small Korean supermarket near my work , and spotted these beauties. Since it was pay day I figured I would treat myself and a few hours later, I was eating some of the best ribs I have ever had.
3 tablespoons of rib rub (homemade or bought)
200ml of Coca Cola (or Pepsi)
5 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
1 rack of ribs
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of paprika
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of celery salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 a teaspoon of sage
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1. To make the rub rub, mix all the ingredients together then store in an airtight container. This will keep for a few months at least. If your spice rack is bare you can just buy a packet, no one will judge you.
2. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius. Then rub the spice rub on the ribs, making sure they are all coated.
3. Put the ribs in a pan, then pour the coke into the bottom of the pan. Then cover tightly with foil.
4. Put the foiled container in the oven and cook for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours the meat should be falling off the bone. Turn the oven up to 200 degrees Celsius. Next smother the BBQ sauce on the top of the ribs. Then bake in the oven with the foil off for another 20 minutes, until the ribs are all glazed and sticky perfection. Serve on their own, or with coleslaw and fries Mmmmm.