One thing that Seoul has an incredible abundance of is cafes and dessert shops. And whilst our city is overflowing with places there never seem to be enough to sate the Seoul girls’ appetite. New ones are opening all the time, so if you are just visiting for the weekend, it can be hard to keep up. To help out, I thought I would compile a a list of some of my favourite Instagram worthy dessert cafes and coffee shops.
1. Cafe Yeonnam 239-20 – While this place is brand spanking new, it is so talked about that it had to go first on my list. The cartoon inspired cafe from a Korean drama makes you feel as though you have been teleported in to the middle of a drawing. Not only is this place filled with spots to get the perfect Instagram picture, it also very cheap with the drinks costing only 5,000 won each.
2. Zapangi – The Mangwon cafe is the cream of the Instagram crop, not only does it have a faux vending machine door, it also serves mermaid cupcakes and unicorn shakes. Could there be anything more adorable for your photos?
3. Conversation – Conversation has some of the city’s most photogenic cakes. The bakery is one of many owned and ran by Russian dessert chef and genius Nina Godkova. Located just off of Garosugil, the large dessert cafe has a huge variety of beautiful and delicious cakes to choose from. Be sure to bring a friend because these slices are humongous.
4. C27 – If you love Cheesecake then C27 is probably the best spot in Seoul as they have 27 different varieties. Hence the name. The cool cafe is set over four floors and has plenty of places for you to pile up your slices of cheesecake to get that perfect shot.
5. Bistopping – Probably the cities most Instagrammed ice cream. There are two locations in the city, one in Gangnam, and one in Hapjeong. The basic milk ice cream is pimped up with beautifully decorated cones and cute cookie and chocolate adornments like flamingos, mermaids and hearts.
6. Old Ferry Donut – Seoul is seriously underrepresented when it comes to delicious donuts. In fact this is one of the only non chain-style donut shops in the city. Thankfully for us bloggers this place really knows how make a donut pretty enough for a picture. Not only to they have the most delectable donuts for you devour, they also have some incredible coffees too.
7. Dior Cafe – Easily the most expensive place on this list, the Dior cafe does add a touch of class. If luxury goods are your jam then a stop by this cafe and dessert shop is a most. While you might not be able to afford their clothes, you should be able to stretch to one of their 19,000 won logo coffees.
8. Urban Space – While this is technically more of a bar than a dessert cafe, they do serve food and coffees. However I couldn’t come up with a list about Seoul’s most Instagramable places without including it. The bar boasts an inflatable filled pink ball pit. If that isn’t worth a visit for a few selfies then I don’t know what is.